Miller & Hine was established with the intention of providing the highest quality legal representation to everyone – irrespective of their background – at an affordable cost. Over the years, our criminal defense firm has represented people from all walks of life – from blue-collar workers to business owners – and managed to achieve positive results even in cases that were considered too complicated by many.
Our attorneys are known for their extensive legal knowledge, meticulous research skills, aggressive negotiation skills, and their determination to win for their clients. We as a criminal defense firm also take pride in the fact that our attorneys are compassionate and empathetic and can provide you with the moral support you need to get through difficult times.
Over the years, we have gained a wealth of experience from defending clients facing a wide array of charges – from DWI or violent crimes. We know how things work in the Missouri judicial system, and we know how the prosecution works. We also know the line of argument they are likely to make in a case before we even enter the courtroom.
This is why prosecutors in Missouri are generally more accommodative while dealing with our criminal defense firm. They know that even a minor slip-up on their part will give our attorneys what they need to win their case. This places us in a stronger position to argue and negotiate on behalf of our clients and achieve more effective outcomes wherever possible.
Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of Missouri’s criminal laws and statutes, which allows them to look for lesser-known legal solutions to resolve complicated cases. Rather than hoping for the prosecution to play ball and offer a favorable plea deal, our attorneys prefer to mount the strongest possible defense and challenge the government to achieve a positive outcome – even if it means going to trial.
- Nearly 50 Years of Combined Experience
- Available 24/7 & Provide Free Consultations
- We Treat Every Client Like They are Family
- We Have an In-Depth Understanding of Missouri Criminal Statutes
- We Take a Team Approach to Each Case
Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Lawyers You Can Trust
A skilled defense lawyer can get your charges dropped, dismissed, or reduced, and a competent personal injury lawyer can recover damages for your injuries.
At Miller & Hine, our team can handle a variety of criminal and personal injury cases. No matter the situation, we can be your calm in the storm.
The Miller & Hine Approach to Criminal Defense
We as a criminal defense firm strongly believe that there is no substitute for hard work. It is why we put in a superhuman effort into each and every case and fight relentlessly to achieve a positive outcome.
We take several steps to build the strongest possible defense for our clients, including:
- Conducting independent investigations to unearth potential witnesses or evidence that might help us prove your innocence or make it difficult for the prosecution to prove your culpability beyond reasonable doubt.
- Researching your background, your financial situation, your social life, and the unique circumstances, if any, that led to your current predicament. We know from experience that humanizing the defendant and helping the jurors see the defendant’s actions in the right context can go a long way in securing a favorable verdict.
- Carefully scrutinizing the prosecution’s case against you and the evidence they have. We generally look for procedural violations, chain of custody issues, witness bias, inconsistencies in the police report, constitutional violations, and other issues that might allow us to negotiate with the prosecutors from a position of strength and get them to drop the charges against you.
- Taking the case to trial – and if necessary – to the courts of appeal to obtain a favorable verdict.
The Miller & Hine Approach to Personal Injury Cases
Though primarily known as a criminal defense firm, Miller & Hine also specializes in personal injury claims. We handle a wide array of personal injury cases including but not limited to:
- Automobile accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Defective products
We approach personal injury cases the same way we approach criminal cases – with the utmost sincerity and an unwavering determination to win for our clients.
We look into each case carefully, collect all the evidence that might help us establish the severity of your injuries and prove the negligence and culpability of the party that caused your injuries, and try to recover an adequate compensation that covers all your tangible and intangible losses – either through negotiated settlement or litigation.