Missouri Misdemeanor Attorneys
Misdemeanors are crimes punishable in Missouri with a maximum of one year in jail. A misdemeanor crime is less serious than a felony. Missouri categorizes misdemeanors into three classes:
- Class A misdemeanor: up to one year in jail and/or a fine of up to $2,000.
- Examples: possession of up to 35 grams of marijuana, domestic assault in the third degree, and shoplifting items valued at less than $500.
- Class B misdemeanor: up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.
- Examples: driving while intoxicated and first degree trespassing.
- Class C misdemeanor: up to 15 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $700.
- Examples: illegal gambling and peace disturbance.
- Class D misdemeanor: a fine of up to $500.
At Miller & Hine, we defend clients charged with:
- Petty Theft
- Peace Disturbance
- Domestic Violence
- Illegal Gambling
Our attorneys will thoroughly research the charges against each client and protect their rights. Depending on the circumstances of your situation, we look for opportunities to obtain a favorable plea deal, help you prove your innocence, or even get the charges against you dropped completely. We make every effort to keep a criminal misdemeanor conviction off your record. Call us today for a free consultation.
- Nearly 50 Years of Combined Experience
- Available 24/7 & Provide Free Consultations
- We Treat Every Client Like They are Family
- We Have an In-Depth Understanding of Missouri Criminal Statutes
- We Take a Team Approach to Each Case