St. Louis Misdemeanor LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Missouri Misdemeanor Attorneys
Misdemeanors are crimes punishable in Missouri with a maximum of one year in jail. A misdemeanor crime is less serious than a felony.
Missouri categorizes misdemeanors into three classes:
- Class A misdemeanor: up to one year in jail and/or a fine of up to $2,000.
- Examples: possession of up to 35 grams of marijuana, domestic assault in the third degree, and shoplifting items valued at less than $500.
- Class B misdemeanor: up to six months in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.
- Examples: driving while intoxicated and first degree trespassing.
- Class C misdemeanor: up to 15 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $700.
- Examples: illegal gambling and peace disturbance.
- Class D misdemeanor: a fine of up to $500.
At Miller & Hine, our St. Louis misdemeanor attorneys defend clients charged with:
- Petty Theft
- Peace Disturbance
- Domestic Violence
- Illegal Gambling
Our misdemeanor lawyers in St. Louis will thoroughly research the charges against each client and protect their rights. Depending on the circumstances of your situation, we look for opportunities to obtain a favorable plea deal, help you prove your innocence, or even get the charges against you dropped completely. We make every effort to keep a criminal misdemeanor conviction off your record.
Call us today for a free consultation.