Missouri Auto Accident Attorneys
Auto accidents create a tremendous amount of stress. The process of getting your car repaired, seeking medical treatment and missing time from work can be very overwhelming. The last thing you need is the additional stress of hassling with insurance companies. Our job is to alleviate your stress and help you navigate the complex process of getting the financial compensation you deserve.
What To Do After An Auto Accident
If you have been involved in an auto accident, there are several steps you should take to protect your health and future interests:
Receive proper medical care for any injured persons. Call an ambulance if necessary or visit an emergency care facility as soon as you leave the scene of the accident. It is important to note, some injuries may not be immediately apparent for this reason, it is crucial to be examined by a doctor.
Do not leave the scene of the accident until you have gathered all of the necessary contact information from all people involved, including names, phone numbers, addresses and insurance information. In addition, gather the names and contact information of any witnesses.
Contact the local police authorities and file an auto collision report. By filing this report, you are able to document the facts quickly after the accident to avoid error and help ascertain the party at fault.
Compensation For Auto Accident Injury Cases
How much is your auto accident injury case worth The answer is that every case is different. Your compensation will depend on the amount of medical bills, the negligence of the at-fault driver, and the individual facts of the case. The value of a personal injury case is built over time as evidence is collected and injuries are diagnosed. At Miller & Hine, we are aware of the pain, suffering and many issues that come with auto accidents. You may be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earnings due to long-term injuries
How Not To Damage Your Case
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries to anyone other than the police, your doctor or your lawyer. Giving statements to insurance representatives without speaking to your auto accident lawyer first can damage your legal case.
- Seek immediate medical care.
- Be completely honest with your doctor.
- Follow your doctor’s advice.
- Appear for all medical appointments.
- Make sure your pain is accurately documented in the medical records.
- Be completely honest with your attorney.
Finding The Right Auto Accident Attorney
People often think hiring an attorney is expensive. At Miller & Hine, we work on a contingency basis, which means you owe us nothing unless we win your case. Many Missouri auto injury cases are settled without going to court. But when choosing a personal injury attorney for your accident, it is important to know what your lawyer can offer if your case does require litigation. Our trial attorneys will work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve. If you or someone close to you has been injured in an auto accident, contact us today for a free case consultation.
- Nearly 50 Years of Combined Experience
- Available 24/7 & Provide Free Consultations
- We Treat Every Client Like They are Family
- We Have an In-Depth Understanding of Missouri Criminal Statutes
- We Take a Team Approach to Each Case