Proudly Helping the Fine People of St. Louis with Personal Injury Claims
Accidents can happen to anyone and in several ways. Whether caused by an auto collision, slip and fall, or defective product, an accident can result in serious or catastrophic injuries affecting the victim for years or even the rest of their life. The short- or long-term medical treatment, inability to work, and pain and suffering arising from these incidents can have substantial financial effects on the injured party. But they don’t have to be stuck with the monetary burdens. The person whose negligence or carelessness caused the accident can and should be held responsible. Miller & Hine is here to seek justice for victims.
Our St. Louis personal injury lawyers have the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue just compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit. From the beginning of your case to the end, we will stand by your side, explaining your legal options and protecting your best interests. Whether your case can be settled through negotiations with an insurance company or must be taken to trial, we are prepared to fight for you and seek a favorable outcome on your behalf.
To learn more about how our personal injury attorneys in St. Louis can assist with your case, please contact us at (314) 597-9763. Your initial consultation is free.
Why Choose Miller & Hine to Protect Your Legal Rights After an Accident in Missouri
Entering talks with the at-fault party’s insurer or building a case to present in court takes time, substantial effort, and an in-depth understanding of the law. Navigating the complex legal processes for pursuing financial recovery can be difficult, especially when you are healing from your injuries or dealing with the loss of a loved one.
When you retain the services of our personal injury lawyers in St. Louis, you will have an advocate on your side taking care of the details of your case. Additionally, because we work as a team, you will benefit from the various perspectives and insights of each of our attorneys.
Recognizing how the outcome of your case can affect your future, we will maintain consistent communication with you, allowing you to stay updated on the status of your case. We are also available to our clients 24/7, which means that when you have a question or concern, a member of our team will be ready to provide a response.
Our St. Louis personal injury attorneys handle a wide range of matters, including, but not limited to:
- Auto accidents: If a driver was negligent while behind the wheel, they may be held responsible for damages resulting from a collision they caused.
- Truck accidents: These matters can get very complex, as the damage caused can be severe and multiple parties may be liable.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle riders often sustain serious or catastrophic injuries when involved in a collision because they are not protected by a structure like vehicle occupants.
- Wrongful death: These matters can arise when a person’s negligence or deliberate acts cause another person’s death. Legal action can be taken in various situations, including medical malpractice, auto accidents, construction accidents, and plane crashes, among others.
- Products liability and defective products: A person may bring a claim when injured because of a faulty design, manufacture, or distribution of a product such as machinery, office equipment, bedroom furniture, medications, or food.
- Premises liability: These cases concern the accidents resulting from a property owner’s negligence in addressing or repairing a hazardous condition on their premises.
- Other personal injuries: Our team also provides representation for medical malpractice, bus accidents, pedestrian accidents, spinal cord injuries, skull fractures, multiple fractures, extensive and severe burns, neck injuries, back injuries, and paralysis.
We can assist through every stage of your case, delivering compassionate guidance through the claims or lawsuit process. Backed by over 48 years of combined experience and a thorough understanding of Missouri law, we are confident in our ability to provide the legal counsel you need.
Statute of Limitations for a Missouri Personal Injury Case
The statute of limitations establishes how long a plaintiff has to file a court case following a personal injury. In Missouri, you must bring a lawsuit within 5 years. Failing to do so can result in the court denying your case and losing your opportunity to pursue compensation.
Note that claims involving a government agency or employee have a 90-day statute of limitations.
If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else, seek assistance from a personal injury lawyer in St. Louis as soon as possible. Waiting to get started could have adverse implications for your case. At Miller & Hine, our team is here to help take legal action.
Comparative (Shared) Fault and Damages
Missouri personal injury claims follow a shared fault, or comparative fault, rule. This doctrine establishes that if an injured plaintiff is partly at fault for the incident, their compensation could be reduced by an amount equal to their percentage of fault. For example, suppose a person is warranted $10,000 in total damages following an accident. However, they are also found to be 10% responsible. The $10,000 award is decreased by 10%, leaving the individual with a $9,000 settlement.
Some states set limits or “caps” on damages a plaintiff may receive in a personal injury case. However, Missouri does not have damage caps. Therefore, an individual is entitled to any reasonable amount of non-economic (e.g., pain and suffering, mental anguish) and economic damages as determined in their case.
Call Our Firm Today for Help Pursuing Compensation
Having an experienced lawyer on your side can increase the chances of seeking a favorable outcome in your case. At Miller & Hine, our attorneys know how to approach each case to negotiate a fair and just amount of compensation. We deliver personalized service and will work one-on-one with you to get a full picture of the incident and your needs and goals. Taking the time to understand what you are going through, we will tailor our legal strategy for your specific situation and will be sure to answer your questions and address your concerns.
With our team, you will receive aggressive representation. Whether we can pursue compensation through a negotiated settlement or by taking your case to a jury trial, we will work diligently to protect your rights and future.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by someone else, please call us at (314) 597-9763 or contact us online. One of our St. Louis personal injury attorneys will listen to the details of your case and discuss paths forward.
- Nearly 50 Years of Combined Experience
- Available 24/7 & Provide Free Consultations
- We Treat Every Client Like They are Family
- We Have an In-Depth Understanding of Missouri Criminal Statutes
- We Take a Team Approach to Each Case