Assault in the 4th Degree in MissouriRequest Free Consultation
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers
Fourth-degree assault is a very serious charge. You want to consult with a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible if you were recently charged with this offense. The attorneys at Miller & Hine are dedicated to providing the best possible defense to our clients, no matter what the charges against them may be. Your freedom and future are at stake.
Call Miller & Hine today at (314) 413-2053 for a free consultation with our defense lawyers in St. Louis.
What Is 4th Degree Assault?
Any individual that recklessly injures or attempts to injure another person can be charged with fourth-degree assault in Missouri.
A person commits the offense of assault in the 4th degree if:
- They attempt to cause or recklessly cause physical injury, physical pain, or illness to another person;
- With criminal negligence, they cause physical injury to another person by means of a firearm;
- They purposely place another person in apprehension of immediate physical injury;
- They recklessly engage in conduct that creates a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to another person;
- They knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical contact with a person with a disability, which a reasonable person, who does not have a disability, would consider offensive or provocative; or
- They knowingly cause physical contact with another person knowing the other person will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.
Assault in the fourth degree is a Class C misdemeanor unless the victim is a special victim in which case it’s a Class A misdemeanor.
Call Miller & Hine at (314) 413-2053 to work with a fourth-degree assault attorney in St. Louis. We offer free consultations.