A person commits the offense of Child Kidnapping if he or she is not a relative of the child, knowing he or she has no right to do so, removes a child under the age of fourteen without consent of the child’s parents or guardian, or confines such child for a substantial period of time without such consent.
In determining whether the child was removed or confined unlawfully, it is an affirmative defense that the person reasonably believed that the person’s actions were necessary to preserve the child from danger to his or her welfare.
Child Kidnapping is a Class A Felony.
Child Kidnapping is a very serious charge. You want to consult with an attorney as soon as possible if you were recently charged with this offense. The attorneys at Miller & Hine are dedicated to provide the best possible defense to our clients, no matter what the charges against them may be. Your freedom and future are at stake. Call us today for a free consultation.
- Assault 1st Degree
- Assault 2nd Degree
- Assault 3rd Degree
- Assault 4th Degree
- Child Kidnapping
- Domestic Assault
- Domestic Assault 1st Degree
- Domestic Assault 2nd Degree
- Domestic Assault 3rd Degree
- Domestic Assault 4th Degree
- Involuntary Manslaughter 1st Degree
- Involuntary Manslaughter 2nd Degree
- Kidnapping 1st Degree
- Kidnapping 2nd Degree
- Kidnapping 3rd Degree
- Murder 2nd Degree
- Voluntary Manslaughter
- Nearly 50 Years of Combined Experience
- Available 24/7 & Provide Free Consultations
- We Treat Every Client Like They are Family
- We Have an In-Depth Understanding of Missouri Criminal Statutes
- We Take a Team Approach to Each Case